The Supreme Court of South Carolina
Re: Rule Amendments
Appellate Case Nos. 2019-001845, 2020-001509, and 2021-000086
On January 29, 2021, the following orders were submitted to the General Assembly pursuant to Article V, §4A of the South Carolina Constitution:
(1) An order amending Rules 218, 240, 262, and 267 of the South Carolina Appellate Court Rules.
(2) An order adopting Rules 611 and 612 of the South Carolina Appellate Court Rules.
(3) An order amending Rule 3(a) of the South Carolina Rules of Criminal Procedure.
(4) An order amending Rules 2 and 5 of the South Carolina Court-Annexed Alternative Dispute Resolution Rules.
(5) An order amending Rule 9 of the South Carolina Court-Annexed Alternative Dispute Resolution Rules.
Since ninety days have passed since submission without rejection by the General Assembly, the amendments contained in the above orders are effective immediately.
s/Donald W. Beatty C.J.
s/John W. Kittredge J.
s/Kaye G. Hearn J.
s/John Cannon Few J.
s/George C. James, Jr. J.
Columbia, South Carolina
April 29, 2021